Followers

Friday, January 7, 2011

An imagined life

Can i press fast forward on the life i was given, or swap lives with someone on tv? No really! I may sound ungrateful but if I had the choice id be raised by the cosbys with a big sister like DJ Tanner and a pet like lassie. A boyfriend like Finn from glee and hair like Serena Vanderwoodsen. Id go to Yale or Princeton or Stanford and be the envy of everyone I know. But then again, having everyone jealous of me wouldnt be too much fun would it? Im  rambling on but the point is, I have what i have; shitty parents, no boyfriend atm and I attend UWI but I resolved that im not going to feel sorry for myself anymore and work with what I have. I think...

2 comments:

DeadEyes-_- said...

Do you think sitcoms give us a false sense of what family life is supposed to be? I used to wish my home was like Full House to, esp with an Uncle Jesse, except he wouldn't be my uncle, he'd be this guy , you know?

BitterAsHellBitch said...

They do, but i guess its nice to wish for the utopic ideal for ourselves and hope strive for it when we have our families. I looked at those shows when i was younger and wondered why my dad wasnt as warm as Danny Tanner and looking around, ive realized its the exception and strangely enough my family's behaviour is in the norm